if you are atheist AND against abortion please answer a few questions for me

Where you always against abortion?

Are most your friends against abortion?

Do you participate in a group that is against abortion but doesn't have the religious ties many pro life groups have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• <--- Atheist.
    <--- Against Abortion As A Form Of Birth Control

in short, women should take responsibility for their actions. at times that may mean birthing a child and raising it, or putting it up for adoption. at other times that may mean terminating, which there is nothing wrong with in general. until a fetus is birthed, it is a parasite. do i believe in using abortion as a form of birth control, multiple times over? no, that is the point at which you should be sterilized... as a mother, i look at my children and know that i would be lost without them, but i also accept that not everyone is prepared to become a mother, or should. and that adoption is not always the best option- a fetus that has been exposed to foreign contaminants, or is defective, should be terminated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• so some cases it is ok to kill a child just not when it is a form of birthcontrol.

can't wrap my brain around that one
    Anonymous

• well, you do not have to- that is why you are on the other side of the fence.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• The side that values all life---I wonder if that is the values NP was talking about in another post.
    Anonymous

• O.K. not to interrupt the abortion debate going on. But I have a question, are there many anti-abortion groups that don't have religious ties?
    Anonymous

• are there many anti-abortion groups that don't have religious ties?
    ++++

that is what I am trying to find out but it looks like no or we would have an example.
    Anonymous

• I don't know of any Anti-Abortion groups that do not have some form of religious ties to them... But I am sure there are some out there... For myself, I believe everything has it's place in this world, even abortion. I don't "support" abortion, and don't even believe in things like IUDs because they cause unknown abortions... But I do believe that everything has it's place and there is a need for abortion on some cases.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Where you always against abortion? Yes. murder is murder.

Are most your friends against abortion? I don't know. It's not that important to me.

Do you participate in a group that is against abortion but doesn't have the religious ties many pro life groups have. No. Abortion is a hot button topic and those groups can get extremeist real fast.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2009