Czech President Klaus: Global Warming Not Science, but a 'New Religion'

As the Copenhagen climate conference drew to a close Friday, Czech President Vaclav Klaus, long a global warming skeptic, had a message for the world: do not dictate to humanity how to live based on an "irrational ideology," which he sees as the product of political correctness.

Klaus says that he is in favor of "green" technology, but cautions that he is not in favor of the government dictating the development of the technology.

Do you agree with his assessment?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2009/12/18/czech-president-klaus-global-warming-science-new-religion/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you agree with his assessment?

Yes, I do.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Me too.

Especially this: "Klaus says that he is in favor of "green" technology, but cautions that he is not in favor of the government dictating the development of the technology."

Living lightly on this earth is important, but the government tends to muck things up.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• There is only one true religion, and that is Global Warming, and Al Gore is it's prophet.... 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Oh yeahhhhh, another link to Fox News,,,,Oh I mean...FAUX News. Heh.
    Anonymous

anon: :22; show us any other main stream or cable news agency that is covering this story with both sides of the issue, and we will use them as sources. At least Fox News will give the entire story. The problem is that the story tells the part that the progressive liberals don't want us to know. The other side of the issue to allow the public to make a decision. The true "faux news" agencies only give the side that bolsters the programs/people they support (ie. man with rifle at Tea Party rally - oops! He was black. Just crop the photo so his skin doesn't show and then lie.) Kind of like the climategate scam/scandal. Oh, I now understand why you think the way you do. You are one of the blind followers.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Yes I agree.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• After anons tacky reply, I googled this. There are many similar reports from many different news groups. The Czech president has been quite open in his views for over a year.

Anon, you lost a chance to learn something by being closed-minded.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Oh yeahhhhh, another link to Fox News,,,,Oh I mean...FAUX News.

Libs can't handle the truth. Thats why they don't like fox.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009