gift ideas

What would be a nice gift to get a male friend (coworker). He gave me my gift friday and it was an apple ipod touch! I had been talking about wanting 1 but i had no idea he would get it for me...he is 21 and im 23. We only make $12/hr lol and im a single mom. So I have no idea what to get him. He comes from a rich family and still stays with his parents and has everything he could want. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• um... maybe just make him some homemade goodies? or go see what kind of cheap goodies they have at marshalls in the mens section. some people are hard to buy for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• sounds like you should be offering him a date or a dinner! not because he has money but because he obviously listened to you blabber about a want lol and cared enough to get you something....thats more then most men would do lol! So...maybe make a box full of treats and also have a little note in there that says "Dinner?"
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree with something homemade. My adult sons go crazy over oatmeal scotchies. The libby's pumpkin roll tastes great and looks impressive. I have one son that wants one all to himself when I make that. If you live someplace cold you could knit him a quick scarf.

I recently saw my old boyfriend from high school. It had been 30 years and he had been married many years. He still had a scarf and scrapbook I made him. He loved tapioka pudding. I was the only one that had ever made anything for him.

One of my son's assistant boy scout troop leaders was having a birthday. He had helped our family move and with some other things like bike repairs. I made him a birthday cake. He was in his late 20's and never had a birthday cake.

I know other examples of middle class guys that have never had anyone make simple things for them. He may really like something homemade.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• wow thats a toughy, i agree with offering a dinner thing, or maybe tickets to a movie he might want to see, or something along those lines, i'm not sure when it comes to gifts for men because i have a hard time buying for my DF, you could make him a box of assorted homemade cookies, everyone lovessss holiday cookies :)
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 12:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Something personal that wouldn't be a general gift. Like if he's really into comedy, you could get him comedy tickets. If he's really in love with a certain band, get him concert tickets. You could bake a batch of cookies with it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Bake him some goodies.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It does sound like he had ulterior motives. Maybe not intentionally, but it sounds like he was looking for an 'in' with you. That is an awesome gift! I agree with the home made candies, cookies or something, but in the card with it, offer to go to dinner...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• what a nice guy...date?!?! give him a gift card to dinner with you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Ok this isn't just a gift from a coworker this is a "I really like you and want to be more than friends gift"
    If you like him that way too then go ahead and give him a gift card to somewhere casual like Dave and Busters or Chili's to eat as a date. If you don't like him that way then give him something that has zero hint that you might. If you don't like him that way then give him a tray of cookies, a cd or dvd, a gift card to a manly store. Don't give him the impression that theres something there if there isn't. Personal gifts like a wallet, cologne or clothing would also say I want you too. Just keep that in mind!
    Anonymous

• Defiantly take the guy out on a date!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009