birthday ideas for a two year old?

What is appropriate for a two year old's birthday? my son loves cars and airplanes, but none of those characters. What could we do for his birthday as far as activity goes? (please dont say chuck e cheese)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have his friends over & just let them play at that age. As far as gifts this close to Christma I would add money to his savings or a bond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Did he like the movie "cars">
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• OP here...actually no he didnt like the movie cars. HAHA. I was thinking maybe take him to a aerospace museum? Just seeing airplanes he gets all excited...and im not worried about presents..i just wanted to take him out and do something different. and he's 2 not 20 he has no friends :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• At this point the party is still more for the adults than the kids...if he has friends or relatives just get everyone together and have snack and cake. 1stwishes.com is where i got my sons birthday stuff. they have tons of different part ideas.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• last year we had disney princess them and we went on ebay and bought one of those big blow up jumpers(disney princess one with a slide) and we bought terias online too. make up goody bags for them to take home. pinatas are always fun. silly string.sorry thats all i got
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My ds just turned 3. We didn't do too much. We bought him a baseball T, a plastic bat, and a whiffle ball. He grabbed one of his older brother's baseball helmets and started trying to hit the ball. We played a short game of baseball in the house. DS wasn't able to hit the ball hard enough to break a window, and he had a blast. Your son might not be ready for something like this. I hope this gives you some ideas for his birthday. If you have a party store near where you live, consider checking them out. They might have some games or toys that are age appropriate for you ds.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2009