how do i break a cosleeping habbit?

my baby girl is 7 months old and has now crawled out of my bed twice. my bed is a little high and she does get hurt. i cant risk her getting hurt badly so i need advice on getting her to sleep in her own bed.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 11:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can start by putting her crib next to your bed. When she is asleep you can slide her in. This is something Dr. Sears recommends.

I taught my kids how to slide out of bed so they wouldn't get hurt. My son also did this with my grandson. Some families put the bed down on the floor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Put her in her own crib. If it helps at first put a shirt you've worn in with her. Like lay her ontop of it, so she can smell you even though you're not right next to her. Make sure she's warm enough, full, and mostly asleep when you put her down. If you put her down awake she may not adjust to it very well. If you put her down partially asleep then she will most likely fall asleep without even realizing she's in her own bed. If she wakes up fussy or crying, just cuddle her and reassure her she's okay. Then when she's almost back to sleep put her back into her own bed. Just continue this night after night. I really hope she adjusts easily, some babies do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• You can put the crib in your room right against the bed, you can teach her how to safely get out of bed, or you can alter your bed.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2009