Ovulation on 11/30...blood test result 1099 or 10.99? I don't understand

I did not know I was pregnant until the other day but I know from a positive OVT that I had an LH surge on 11/30, is anyone familiar with blood tests /quantitative? I am nervous b/c if we go by my last period the numbers are wayyyyy low I have a very erratic cycle though so I am not tooo nervous BUT the doc goes by last period...if I conceived sometime around my LH surge the number looks good I *think* I am so excited!!! So do I go by the LH surge or my last menstrual period? I am afraid due to the fact one of those means there could be pregger failure :( input anyone? I am curious about this bloodtest even though. Babydust!!!

mysilentmorning

Asked by mysilentmorning at 12:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your HCG level is now 1099? If you're talking about your HCG level, it would be 1099, not 10.99. Anything under 10 is not considered a positive test.
    Anonymous

• ok it must be 1099 then :) they said it like this on the phone "ten ninety nine" so I kinda went coocoo.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 12:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• still though since I know my LH surge date, I wonder if I should go by that when I talk to OB and midwife in a week b/c so far I have only been to my General Practitioner. My last menstrual period start date was 10/26 according to my doctor but I can't find my calendar. It just so happens I was in the doc office for my annual exam a few weeks ago so he had that info.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 12:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• An hCG level 19 days after ovulation is good :) Usually they go by your LMP when calculating due date because women usually aren't sure when they ovulated. In your case (and mine!) we know exactly when we ovulated and conceived. So make sure you tell the doctor when you ovulated and they can calculate from that.

My LMP was 10/26 too and I conceived 11/10...so just add 2 weeks onto the conception date to get your due date! My due date is 8/3/10. Congrats!!!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 2:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Thank you all4!!! congrats to you too! how exciting :)
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 4:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009