Anyone want some Christmas Crack...?Once you start you can't stop.

Christmas Crack

1 sleeve saltine crackers
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 package chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a 10" x 15" with foil (the kind of sheet that has raised edges!). Spray with Pam, or grease VERY lightly with butter. Cover the cookie sheet with a single layer of saltines. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Pour over the saltines, and try to spread it as evenly as possible. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. When you remove it, the caramel mixture will be molten and boiling; allow to cool about 3 min, or until you can see the crackers distinctly, which will have shifted while baking. Push them back into order with a fork or knife.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and let sit for about 5 minutes to melt. Once melted spread chocolate evenly. If desired, sprinkle on pecans

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like a drug at first.
    Anonymous

• haha, i think that was the point...

once you start eating it you cant stop.....
    Anonymous

• I've had those before, but thanks for the actual recipe. I think I will try and make those this weekend.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I didn't know what to think when I 1st read it,I was thinking of soemthing else,I know too sick,but hey what can I say,I'm going Christmas shopping and I get a break from my 3 y/o,her daddy's gonna watch her.,yes I know I'm going late,but I've been so busy with school etc,this is the time I can go.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My friend makes these...they are yummy! And you're right...you can't stop eating them!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Saltines?that doesn't sound right.....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

Yes Saltines trust me supper yummy
    Anonymous

• Ok, I have looked at this post a few times and decided I HAVE to try it... YUM
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Are you the Anon that gave me the recipe a couple of days ago?

I just made some this morning and I'VE BEEN EATING IT ALL DAY LONG!!!! I think it is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth! Everyone I've given it to has been like WOW that is GOOD!!!!!!!

Thanks! LOL! I was going to post question that said I just tried crack for the first time and I love it! LOL! You beat me to it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

Yes I am the anon glad you liked it
    Anonymous