need advice

I was adopted when I was younger but my biograndmother remained a part of my life for a long time. Well eventually my adoptive mother decided she's had enough and made it so I could only write my grandmother and send pictures. When I was 20 I looked my grandmother up and started seeing her again. Then I became pregnant and my adoptive mom stopped talking to me for 6 months. My grandmother on the other hand was there for me. Well eventually my adoptive mother came around and offered me a place to stay rent free on the condition I stopped seeing my grandmother again. I agreed because I was scared of being a single mother. Well I haven't talked to my grandmother in 4 years and I feel terrible. I would love to see her again and let her see my son as well as the daughter I just had. I just don't know how to reconnect. I feel real guilty for what I did after she had been the one there for me when I discovered I was pregnant.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh Sweetie, your adoptive mother was wrong.  She manipulated you when you were young and vulnerable.  Contact your grandmother.  She will understand because she loves you unconditionally.  She will probably be thrilled to see you again and her great grandchildren.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree. She will be so happy nothing else will matter.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Poor grandma :( Why is your mom such a bitch?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• hugsWe grandmothers are very forgiving. Just contact her. (just google her name or go to zabasearch.com if you don't know where she is). I bet hearing from you will be the best xmas present she ever got.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My mothers such a bitch cause she's jealous. I spent the first year or so of my life with my grandma so we had that special bond.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Be honest with her about the situation, let her know how you feel. Allow her to express her feelings and go from there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• shes your grandma theres nothing you can do that she would not forgive, you could explain the situation to her she will understand, send her a christmas card with photos of the kids and a message that you miss her. good luck
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• explain what happend to your grandmother, explain the situation you were in and why you chose that choice, im sure she will be so happy she gets to see you and your son that it wont matter as long as your there now
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009