I found my 10 month old son with poop in his mouth...

it was the dogs poop. will he get sick? I washed out his mouth and cleaned it out. gave him something to drink. our dog takes heartworm medicine every month..was just given another dose last night..so it had been at least a month since he had gotten it last.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• No, I think he'll be fine. My LO got a hold of cat poop one time and he was fine.
    Anonymous

• EWWWWW............kids will be kids, he should be just fine just watch him for a day or too. wish I could say that my kids never did this but I cant...
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 12:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We have to disinfect our hands after we poop but a baby can eat cat or dog poop and be ok?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Do you have an advise nurse to call at your peds office? i know that once while potty training our older son our younger son found a dried piece of poop in the toys and started to taste it EEEWWWW!!! however, all was well!! i actually would be more concerned with the heartworm med than without it especiually if you give it to your dog regularly.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009