How should I ACT towards my husband side of the family they all dont like me too much right now,!!

Because they keep butting into my life and I told them too stop and leave me alone!

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't act any way toward them. I'd stay away from them. If that wasn't an option I'd be cordial but not friendly. They need to respect you and stay out of your business

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• What were they butting in about? I would ignore them. I dont have the greatest relationship w my inlaws either. They thought I wld "need" their help when I had a baby and I didnt.

• How are they butting into your life?

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Just be polite as much as possible unless they cross the line than stick up fopr yourself.

Answer by whistlemom3 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Keep them at bay as much as you can. This is what I do, and my MIL is a control/manipulation freak.

• Just be civil to them. Act as though the situation is handled and you have no reason to be anything but nice to them. Unless they bring it up again or act the same as they had before, don't worry about it. Just be civil and talk to them as you would any other time.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009