Has anyone known of a baby or anyone under 3 years having H1N1? What was the outcome?

What was their age?
What was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yes. I live in a small town and there was a little one who got H1N1. I don't know if it was a boy or girl or what the outcome was but I do know that the child was bad enough they had to fly him/her to a larger hospital.
    anstevens

Answer by anstevens at 12:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• A little boy my sister goes to church with got it. He is 1.... He was sick for about 2 weeks and then he got better. Now he is perfectly fine
    Anonymous

• One of my friends kids got it, she was 8 months old. She was really sick, for about 2 1/2 weeks that she spent in the hospital. After that she is a fine, healthy little girl.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Our neighbour across the way go it. He is almost 3. He got a mild case and was home for a week or two. His mom suspected she was pregnant and she took the medication as a precaution. She is now 9 weeks along and both are doing fine.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• One of my cm friends has a baby who is 10 mo. old. He had H1N1 got over that, then got pneumonia and was hospitalized. She has to be really careful with him now. Mine are way older but my concern would be lasting health effects, like does having h1n1 so young set them up for asthma later? I know that's the case with the RSV virus.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2009