I am shocked! Did you know Christians still faced persecution?

I heard from a friend who heard from a friend a church in Indonesia was burned by muslims celebrating. I am a person who wants information and credible sources before I believe anything.
http://letusreason.org/Persecut.htm

I was a bit surprised. Can anyone give me the link of find information about this:
Christian Church in Indonesia. A church, 80% built, was ready to celebrate mass on Christmas when about 1000 Muslims in 'national celebration' burned it down last night."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Am not surprised, it still happens, Not talked about alot though. Don't have a link, but google it, am sure there are alot of them to check out.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 1:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Christians are persecuted every day spiritually even in this country (usa) so I'm not surprised that they are in other countries as well
    Anonymous

• Zanzeebeel, this is truly happening. It's not christians making muslems look bad. It's the few muslims who believe they are in some sort of holy war making the 95% who are peaceful people look bad. If you want to point the finger of blame point it to them.

Besides the persecution by muslem extreemest there is government sanctioned or sponsored persecution. This is happening in communest China and to all religions.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Just ask Sweet-a kins for a link , she normally has all the information and sources on making muslims look bad !!!!

this isn't about making muslims look bad sorry you feel the need to make this a blanket statment about all muslims when this question is about persecution of Christians not persecutions of Christians by muslims.
    Anonymous

• She was asking for more information ,

I wasnt suggesting that its alright to burn churches or trying to justify it , its not justifiable , it is completely against the muslim faith, I condem it.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• * teamquinn

teamq...
    Zanzeebeel, this is truly happening. It's not christians making muslems look bad. It's the few muslims who believe they are in some sort of holy war making the 95% who are peaceful people look bad. If you want to point the finger of blame point it to them.

I agree !!! Sorry i wasnt trying to justify it in any way, I was just pointing her where she might find the information she asked for.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I think just about every religious group is persecuted at some point, somewhere on this earth. No one is the SINGLE target. It's sad. We are so far from global peace:(
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Sah.. i happen to believe it's happening to everyone .. all over the world.. some more than others.. and by different means.

i am though very sad to hear such a thing. if it is indeed true.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Oh i'm so sorry and i apologise profusely I got the wrong person,
    I am very deepsly sorry sweet a kins , i was having one of those nights when my brain wasnt working before typing ,

i was refering to some on else , but seing as my brain has kicked in I wont name them

Please accept my deepest apologies I am profoundly sorry for the mistake
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 2:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Zanzeebeel, no worries, I got your pm too. I was just reading like WHAT...lol

Hope you feel better!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2009