What's an easy way to potty train a subborn 3 year old boy?

And to top it off he has a sister who's just one year 11 days younger than him, so he sees her in diapers doesn't help either. Help please!

Leslie626

Asked by Leslie626 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bribe! A little hard right now when he is getting presents.

My son wanted a big wheel. We were at Target buying diapers and I told him if I didn't have to buy diapers we could buy that big wheel he wanted. He potty trained that day and we got the big wheel.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We used to play hit the Cheerios in the toilet,, DS loved the game and everytime he had to tinkle and told me I would put a few cherrios in for target practice, upon completion,,,,a few M&M's, don't stress too much though,....no one graduates high school in diapers, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• my son got jelly beans for peeing, at first when i sat him down i'd give him one every couple of minutes to make it feel nice for him to get used to it, then when he went pee i made huge deal out of it and let him pick one. then he started peeing on the potty and getting one. after a while he started pooping and getting two.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Quit trying to potty train. We started at 18 months & my DH bribed my DD with everything. She even got a nice swingset out of the deal. And of course went right back to diapers. When we stopped trying, she decided she was done diapers. She wore pull-ups a few days & nights & we were done with them! She was 3 1/2.
    Anonymous