How come when women gain weight it's because we stop caring because we already got what we want, but when men gain weight its because they are too busy with work?

i'm just so sick and tired of hearing from men that when married women gain weight they got their man, so that means they don't care any more. Or this morning I told my husband that one of my friends was running 13 miles a day. he asked me if she was married. I said no, so he says that she must be trying to catch a man. why does it have to be about a man? maybe she is doing for herself. why don't men mesure themselves in the same way? any thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if you leave them for a month trust me they will slim down haha!
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous :12....lol Yea! I remember before I met my dh I was doing some working out but once we got married it all faded away...lol He also says when a woman is trying to stay in shape she is looking for a man...I am like u like why can't a woman do this for herself not just for a man...omg guys c'mon you guys are not the only thing in this world...please!!! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would love for my dh to have my schedule and still have the energy and time for a full workout. He isn't the same waist size that I married.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever pointed out that he has gained weight? What is his excuse for his gaining weight? My dh lost weight because he didn't like the way he looked or felt. He was also having panic attacks. He learned that when he exercised, his panic attacks weren't so bad, and they didn't occur as often. My dh has been wanting me to lose some of my weight. I started exercising this week. I can already tell that I feel better emotionally. I can't wait to get back into my pre-prego clothes. I understand what you are saying. My father-in-law is insecure about whenever his wife tried to lose weight. He actually accused her of trying to catch the attention of another man. He would take her and the kids to Pizza Hut while she was dieting. He told her that she could have a salad while they had pizza. Of course, she didn't succeed in keeping the weight off. She has lost weight & is loving life with her dh.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• That's funny, because I've been with my DH for almost 5 years and I still have a huge desire to impress him, and look good for him, and I try to keep myself in shape. In fact, I get down in the dumps when I feel like I can't impress him. So obviously that's not always true! Plus, I do it for myself. I feel good when I look in the mirror and see a nice body, and feel bad when I see an out of shape one.
    Anonymous

• he is such a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. a women can lose weight for whatever reason they want. men don't understand that when women have babies it's hard to lose the weight. my bf doesn't care if i'm thin or if i gain weight. he's happy with the way i am because he loves me for me. it's sad that some men want their wives to lose weight. as if they are brad pitt looking men. most men gain weight when they get in a relationship but women never say anything to them. if they did maybe they wouldn't be so hard on women. it's degrading to women to have men say they need to lose weight and they wonder why so many women have issues with their weight.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2009