what's a good gift for a one and a half year old boy?

Its for my best friend's son so I'd like it to be something nice but I don't know what boys that age are into..

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My family has always given toy trucks (preferably plastic). Boys love to load and dump sand and dirt. Larger size and strong enough to bear their weight as they push it. Don't go to inexpensive. They break too easy.
    Legos are good too. They can use all kinds of imagination when building things.
    Dandi-mom

Answer by Dandi-mom at 2:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Things that make noise when you push buttons.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• The Wrapping Paper and the box......they really dont care about whats in the box just that they get to play in the box.........

My DS is 1 and my MIL got his a fire truck he can sit on and push himself around and it plays a song..he loves that thing....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My boys loved Hot Wheel cars. The cars were easy to hold. They love balls, too. ArmyWife112908 is correct. I have never seen an 18 mo. child pass up a box. They play longer with a box than they will with a toy. They like it even better if they can climb into the box and someone either pushes or pulls them around the floor. When they are 2, they love to pull almost everything out of their toy box and climb into it to play.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2009