Does this seem wrong to you?

Okay, my instructor told me that I had a C in my class before the final. She sent me this e-mail two days before my final.

Here is what it says:
I almost forgot about sending you your current stats grade. With everything but the final complete you have a 75% which is a C. So, if you do pretty well on the final (which is worth 10% of your total grade) you should be able to pass with at least a C which is what you need as a minimum for the HIT program requirements. Let me know if you have any questions.

Well, when I took the final, I did really well. I got a 90 percent on the final, but guess what I ended with? A "D!" Has this happened to you? Should I say something? Somethign was wrong. Either I was told wrong or there is a miscalcuation. Advice is much needed. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You should be able to calculate your grade from info given to you at the beginning of the course. If you can't, email the instructor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• You need to contact her. It sounds like an obvious mistake - instructors are human, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I'd email you instructor and ask for clarification. Let them know what you recall your orginal conversation to be, what your test score was and then what your final grade came up as and then ask what happened. You could then ask exactly how it was calculated, the 75 and the 90 together, to get the final grade. Good luck.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• forward the email back and show it to him'/her, email that you know there is a mistake!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree with kimigogo

Answer by admckenzie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Email the instructor back, this is a mistake.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Let's see.....
    75 = 90% = 67.5
    90 = 10% = 9

67.5 + 9 = 76.5 = C
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009