HELP! Is this what approaching two is all about???

So my son is 21 months and he is turning into a moody child. He never used to fuss...people would always tell me what a good baby he is. He is still great 75% of the time, but as of lately, he is starting to throw terrible tatrums. For example, if I try to put him in a car seat he arches his back and screams ( not every time, just when he is in a mood). Yesterday when I made himleave the park, he cried hysterically for a good ten minutes and it was right before bedtime. He gets mad so much easier than he used to. Is this normal 2 year old behavior...like i said 25% of the time...not always. He is usually a ton of fun, loving affectionate, ect. What else can I expect when approaching two or even after???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 18 month old doe sthat with her carseat to sometimes.and throws her little fits but it never last for more than a minute.she used to throw herself backwards but got hurt a few times so she will watch what is on the floor befor she falls backwards. with the carseat thing me and hubby usaly distrace her with something when she does it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• its totally and completely normal!! he is finding his own independence and he is going to push you to test the boundaries. the main thing you can do is stay strong and do not give in. If you give in now to the tantrums, you'll be doing it for the rest of your life!! But dont worry, he's a perfectly normal almost two year old!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2009