Do I have the right to be a little upset?

So every year for the last 5 years DH and the kids have gone to Wal Mart and bought me these lighthouses. When the season started this year we went looked at the lighthouses to make sure they were selling them. Well DH told me last night he thinks my collection is getting out of hand and will not be buying me my lighthouses. Then today he slipped up and told me he got me slippers when I bought him something really nice and WHAT HE WANTED. I gave him a list of things I needed this year and slippers were not on the list. He and the kids got me slippers LAST YEAR and there still like new. Ugggg BTW I'd go buy the lighthouses myself but I can't drive for a few weeks.

Momof2Stepof3

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Holidays

Level 1 (-4 Credits)
  • How many lighthouses do you have?
    Anonymous

• Are you completely sure he didnt buy one? I know my DH loves to try and throw me off and act like he didnt get something i wanted. I think if he took the time to find out if the lighthouses were still there then he may be thinking about getting one.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would be upset too, if that's truly the case. It's tradition now.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Wait until after xmas. Take the slippers back and get the lighthouses

Answer by admckenzie at 3:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It doesn't matter how many lighthouses you have. It's a tradition that you enjoy and he should respect that.
    I think he's all around being inconsiderate. Buying you slippers? Even if you wanted them, he shouldn't have just gotten you those. He should've added something you REALLY wanted. I think he's being a jerk.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Like a pp said, are you sure he's just not letting you think he didn't get you one? That's something my husband would do!
    If not, then let it go. Nothing to get upset about! Just go out and get yourself one in a few weeks when you can!
    Anonymous

• he might be trying to make you think you got slippers when you really didn't I'd wait til christmas to see if that's really what you got and if it is take them back and get something you need
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 3:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• OP here: To Anonymous I have 10 the guy who makes them makes 2 a year and there only sold at Wal Mart. Each one is differant.
    Momof2Stepof3

Answer by Momof2Stepof3 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Call a friend and ask her to get one? Before you do this, you may want to tell your husband that this is what you are doing, just in case he already has one - and this would give him a chance to speak up. But so you don't miss out on your treat, take action. Another thought is that maybe you could get a taxi, or ask a friend to drive you. Be up front about this with your husband. As your husband, you and he should mutually respect one another's wishes. So if he sincerely feels the collection is out of bounds now, then maybe you should consider his wishes.

Answer by Bmat at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I thinks its BS that he didn't get you something you wanted because HE didn't want it. I would take whatever nice thing you got him back and get him something he doesn't want or that he got last year. Maybe he'll learn his lesson, take a hint, whatever. I'd be very pissed.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2009