Laura Ingraham's a kool aid drinker?

Bill O'Reilly was having none of Laura Ingraham's teasing of him for "gushing" over Michelle Obama, whom he met at the White House Christmas party. O'Reilly called the First Lady "impressive" and said the First Couple were "very gracious" to him.

Ingraham repeatedly made fun of O'Reilly for these statements even as he started to get upset. He finally lost it and slammed her as a "blind ideologue" and a "Kool-Aid drinker":

Wait, a minute. I'm going to call you -- I'm calling you out on this. [...] I thought she was very nice at the party. [...] You are a blind ideologue who even if somebody's nice to you, won't admit it because you're talking about a Kool-aid drinker. [...] You have an IV attached to your arm on the Kool-aid.

video
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200912170040

funny little exchange. Whnen Bill O Reilly gets mad.....watch out! lol

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yep!
    Anonymous

• I like O'Reilly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Sooooooo is this an admission that O'Reilly is FAIR as well as a dig at Ingram?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I prefer the exchange between him and Barney Frank, personally.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• she has a bad dose of hateraide. and it looks ugly
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• O'Reily is an Independent and will call both sides on things. He is fair and balanced. I don't know why so many libs hate him. He isn't bowing to Obama like the people who work for CNN or MSNBC but he also is not nitpicky.
    Anonymous

• For the most part, I like O'Reilly. I do think he tries to be fair. I admit, he is a bit blustery at times, but it's all part of his charm :)

So, OP, tell us...does this mean liberals might gain a modicum of respect for Bill, now that you have tangible proof that he criticizes "kool aiders" on BOTH sides of the aisle, even if his own political/cultural leanings are more on the "traditional" side vs. progressive?
    Anonymous

• I've got to agree with O'Rielly on this one. It doesn't matter what their politcal stance is, if a hostess is gracious, she's gracious. Thank her an move on.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

I prefer when he didn't know the camera were still on and he had a massive 4 letter meltdown!! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• So, OP, tell us...does this mean liberals might gain a modicum of respect for Bill, now that you have tangible proof that he criticizes "kool aiders" on BOTH sides of the aisle, even if his own political/cultural leanings are more on the "traditional" side vs. progressive?

Actually , I can't speak for all dems or libs...but for me he is alright. Sometimes he is full of shit, not because of his political leannings...just because its his personality. He actually interviewed Barack Obama during the election, and it was a good interview. I don't think he is a Rush Limbaugh if that is what you are asking and he doesn;t refer to every dem as a kool Aid drinker..He has more respect than Rusk and a million times more than Sean Hannity. He can be funny too, which I enjoy

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2009