How long did you wait to have sex after having a baby?

Was it good? Any tips on how to make it good so he'll enjoy it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 weeks. I know that's sooner than they say but I felt comfortable doing it. It's NOT going to be like it used to be for quite awhile yet so don't count on it. You have to take it slow. It felt good, great to be intimate in that way again after so long (since we didn't do the last month of pregnancy either), but as far as the actual feeling of sex? Not that great. For me a lot was desensitized down there for about a month or 2 after we did have sex again. But every woman is different.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• ok this is bad but 6 days......i didnt tear i wasent in pain and all was well down there we used a condom and my dh was really gental and slow. and i enjoyed it. and i was happy no troubles. but i did rev him up before hand so it also would be long ( just in case lol ) and i myself was more sensitive then i ever was..so it was quick for me too. i thought it was good but just be easy. good luck,, note we also did it in the spoon position me in front him behind my leg up a lil if that helps any.
    Anonymous

• i waited 2 weeks but i had a csection
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Seven weeks. It was horrible. Don't worry about him enjoying it. As far as tips goes, do kegels very regularly. It helps the vaginal muscles go back to normal. Mine was even better than before, once we started having sex again. At least that's what he said.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My husband enjoyed it just fine. It was me that didn't enjoy it so much. We used a good lube and it still hurt. Still does, four months later. Not as bad, though. Anyway, we waited 7 weeks until I had the Mirena put in. We definitely don't want a second baby anytime soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We waited until 5 weeks and it was good but it did feel different. Not bad, just different! My husband liked it as he said it was tighter! LOL! After we done it a couple more times, it got to feeling like it use to!
    Anonymous

• i waited about 6 weeks. thats because i had an episiotomy. spelling?!?
    Anonymous

• We waited the full 6 weeks. I did tear a little and OMG did I hurt soo bad! It hurt worse than when I lost my virginity! SO was extremely gentle and slow but it hurt a lot, now after a little while you get past the pain and it starts to feel good. That was only a few weeks ago, and we've only done it a total of 3 times. It hurts in the beginning but starts to feel good after. Now because I tore we can only do missionary pretty much, I'm way to tender in my perineum (SP) for anything else, feels like I'm re-tearing. Just be careful and have a lot of lube, it helps a little.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009