what sort of activities should I be doing with my 3 1/2 month old.

And what sort of things should she be doing on her own now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should be doing tummy time. and i gave my son a bath every night and then put lotion on him and a bottle. i would exercise his legs & arms. sing & dance to music. things like that. put on nick jr too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• breathing. what kind of question is that? she is 3 1/2 MONTHS OLD. let her b a baby. u can dance on your head naked if you want but let her b a baby. babies eat and sleep and pee and poop. That's it. Enjoy those moments.
    Anonymous

• Honestly...just carry the baby around with you as you go about your business. Talk to her to get her to smile, Kiss her all over. give razzberries. say names of body parts like feet, nose and touch them even if she can't understand yet. dangle toys for her to try and grab (she will be bad at it...that is half the fun). sin something silly in a high voice. have one sided conversation. nibble toes and fingers. help her stand on your lap. dance with her. some babies hate tummy time unless the have good head control and strong arms. but all babies like to kick and flail on their backs....babies exercise themselves.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• a 31/2 month old should be able to hold her head up pretty well, but may still flop it when tired, smile, follow people and things with their eyes, show excitment when seeing breast/bottle. some may try to replicate tongue movements if exposed to it a lot like razzberries...and may accidentally succeed. you may hear a proto-giggle if you make a smiling baby excited enough.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Wear the baby in a sling. Babies don't need baths every day and be careful about the chemicals you put on the skin. Massage is good. I like the sing and dance idea.

Tummy time is important if the baby spends long hours sleeping on her back.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• When my LO was 3 1/2 months, we did tummy time for at least 20 minutes a day - could be 5 minutes here and there if needed. I sang to him let him swing. I carried him around and went for walks. I also put him in his bouncy chair and carried him around the house so he could watch me do stuff. I talked to him a lot! I also did a lot of photo shoots! LOL! Really your LO won't care what you do with him as long as you do something!
    I only gave LO baths every few days - maybe once or twice a week. I just didn't want to dry his skin out! I did do massages with lotion - he seemed to like that.
    Mostly though - he slept and ate then slept some more!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2009