spin off on the question What random acts of kindness have you done....

what if you do the acts of kindness BUT then that person just turned back to being evil?

i was thinking "i'd be nice to buy something an inlaw wanted or was in need of" but then i was thinking that after you did it, they'd sure wouldnt STILL be nice to you, they'd sure know how to screw it up and go back to thier evilness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am the creator of that other question and I answered it as well. I have had people abuse my kindness before but I still continue to do acts of kindness for others. We lent a friend an extra microwave and computer that we had (we'd bought new and theirs died so we lent them to them)....they killed both and never replaced them. Another friend I gave (never expected it back) $100 to so that she could get her breaks fixed. She was an unemployed single mom of 2 and her brakes were sqealing every time she touched them, it was dangerous. She used the money to go to another state to see her online boyfriend and her dad paid for her to get her brakes fixed. In the 80's we had friends who had no money and no food so we gave them what extra we had....they threw it away because they didn't like it, instead of giving it back or just declining. Sometimes people don't appreciate it or they take advantage but, we still do it.
    Anonymous

• It's not about what they do. It's about the act of kindness on your part. They have issues. You can't be responsible for them but you can show them through the act of kindness how a mature adult acts.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree w/ admckenzie. It's totally not about what they do or how they act later after receiving the kindess. It's about doing what you feel to be right in your heart. No matter how they act later. And you just never know....upon thought later, they may just change their way of life. : )
    Anonymous

• Give to the needy. Hit a food bank, street person, that sort of thing. Give there and then it's just the act of giving.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• brakes...not breaks. GEEZ, I do know how to spell and how to use words properly, I promise. LOL
    Anonymous

• Also, to add to my ramble....LOL We have very rarely rec'd acts of kindness from others and that's okay. I would rather give that recieve anyway.
    Anonymous

• OP here...thanks for the response anon 28. thanks for the question also. i guess it would make sense that if you dont recieve the kindness back from the person then its alright. i was thinking it'd be nice to do something for family but then i know all my family members are destructable to items itself (one year i bought half of a bistro set for my mom and my brother broke a chair, a METAL chair) and my inlaw part of the family are so snide with remarks, its unbelievable. i guess what you do is what really counts, not what is recieved back from them, ill have to remember that.
    Anonymous