How exactly are people "stalked" on cafemom?

I've heard loads of people talk about being "stalked" here by other member.... what exactly do they mean? Why and how would someone stalk someone here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I was just wondering the same thing!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree. If you don't want the info known, then don't put it out there for others to see. Some people may be curious about others, but calling it stalking is a little dramatic to me. I guess the person message them all the time? That would be harassment. I give up! Who knows?!
    mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 4:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well my SIL searched out my names, first and last and email till she found my screen name. Then she jioned my groups and started telling all th IL's everything I said just to start a fight. I had to make THREE new acounts to get away from her! She doesn't know my new info. I don't have anything registered in my real name. And it's on a new email my IL's don't know. But It IS possible to be stalked on here.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i think what EarthMama05 said but it could be a random person on CM that took interest in you. i think you dont know till you keep seeing her in just about everything you do on CM
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have had other moms "follow" my answers and add vile comments.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Generally what people call stalking "here" is when someone follows a person from group to group to reply in all her posts and cause trouble, to leave nasty comments on her profile or send nasty PMs. Answer in all the same questions or leave mean answers to her questions. Leave nasty or inappropriate comment on photos or journals. There have even been reports of trouble makers contacting group owners or cafemom even with bogus or out of context information to get a person in trouble or banned.

This section is famous for dissenting opinions in a question leading to bashing on a person's profile. A lot of the debate groups have the same issue. A lot cm members have a problem with keeping it in the group and feel the need to keep the drama going.

It's all very sad on site of moms. The very people responsible for raing the next generation.
    Anonymous

• Lucky me nobody notices what I say, except CM themelves. they often tell me I am wrong and remove my comments now that chaps my hide!!.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2009