WHATS THE DEAL?

I HAVE SEEN SO MANY POST ABOUT PARENTS LEAVING THEIR CHILDREN IN THE CAR TO GO SHOPPING FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.. AND THERE ARE ALWAYS MOMS THAT SAY THEY "NEVER" LEAVE THEIR CHILD(REN) ALONE NOT EVEN TO PAY FOR GAS.. NOW I DO LEAVE MY SON IN THE CAR JUST TO PAY FOR GAS NOTHING ELSE WITH THE DOORS LOCKED THE ALARM ON AND I ALWAYS AM LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW IF IM STANDING IN LINE.. I MEAN WHY GET UR CHILD OUT JUST TO PUT THEM BACK IN THEIR SEAT 2 MIN LATER.... ESP WHEN THER GO IN WANTING SOMETING FROM THE GAS STATION ONCE THEY GET OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT IT IS... I MEAN GOD FORBID ANYTHING HAPPEN BUT WHY ACT LIKE ITS HORRIBLE TO LEAVE THEM WHILE DOING THAT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah I agree!

I mean, now I think of it - why do we even buckle their seat belts? We'll drive carefully, so theres no point... right?
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Do you know it takes less than 2 minutes for a child to be taken, or go missing, or seriously injure him/herself when left alone in a locked vehicle? I know because it happened to a dear friend of mine. She went in to pay for the gas, locked the doors, set the alarm, and kept an eye on her while in line. In the time it took for her to pay for gas and return to her van, her daughter found a coin, tried to swallow it without success. The poor baby almost choked to death.
    Anonymous

• If they want the car bad enough and know it's full of gas, breaking a window only takes seconds. In the world we live in today I don't even like leaving our dog in the car to run in the store, gas station, etc.. I pray nothing ever happens while you're inside the store.. I just know I couldn't live with myself if something happened to any of our boys.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have never seen a post on here about leaving kids in the car.

Never leave a child in a car. Use a card to pay for gas. It's illegal. It's illegal to leave a dog in a car in many states!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• You can replace a car, you can't replace a child!
    Anonymous

• because its called neglect! if you leave your kid in the car that means you'd leave your child at home?! thats rediculous. if you cant handle your child wanting somethin from a store than why the hell are you a parent!?
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I dont think its good to leave a kid in the car. I know its illegal to leave children in the car. I know its considered neglect to leave a child in a car, but what I do know is its not easy being a single mom and it takes me 15 min to do something that would normally take 5. Since i had my daughter I started paying with a gas card and things, but stuff like taking grocery in the house and carrying laundry in the house. You have to sit them somewhere. In the house or the car. Either way its neglect, but believe me I have tried. Its takes about 30 minutes to carry a baby and 4 loads of laundry in the house. It becomes tiresome.
    Dont be me up for it, but people take for granted that they have husbands and help.
    Anonymous

• Reason 1 - it's Illegal.
    Reason 2 - and most important ----- What if?? What if you lock your keys in the car, what if you look away for a SECOND and your baby is taken???

WHY risk it??? My child's life is more important than my own, not up for debate.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Boy paranoia is rampant here. Unless you are at a gas station at midnight in the middle of no where, how likely is it that someone's gonna take your car? Get over it people!
    Anonymous

• http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-postoffice-abduction,0,7466916.story

That's why.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009