What's the difference between hot and sexy?

My friends boyfriend told us that he thinks blondes are hot and brunettes are sexy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think sexy means they have a lot of sex appeal, whether it be how they look, act, carry themselves, or all above. Hot just means they're attractive to the eye, but they don't appeal to you in a deeper way, like as in you're attracted to them, or they catch your interest.
    Anonymous

• IMO, hot is just a really attractive person. Someone who has some characteristics, physically, of your ideal person. Sexy, is something deeper than the physical. The way the person carries themself ties into it, too. For example, I think that Megan Fox is hot, but Uma Thurman is sexy (even though I don't find Uma Thurman all that physically attractive).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I dunno...but I have a feeling that I haven't been either Hot or Sexy for a long time. : )
    Anonymous

• I thought it was 1 in the same. Sounds immature to me
    Anonymous

• Hot is a *visual*, sexy is an attitude!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• haha my husband and I had this conversation while his parents were here. I said I only watch Supernatural cause Dean is hot. So his dad said well George who do you think is sexy. I said I never said sexy they both said it's the same thing. So I spent all day saying I stupid things to annoy them like don't touch the stove kids cause it's sexy. Or my pizza was sure sexy. Personally to me they are interchangeable when talking about someone.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• They're synonymous.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2009