How do I deal with a 6 year old who lies and never listens?

She also has no sense of personal space.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Learn lots of parenting skills other than punishment so that you can be the best mother possible. Read books, take classes, go back to college and take college courses, go to conferences, ect. Do you mean obey? If you mean listen she may need her ears checked for wax buildup.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Are you thsi parent? Start acting like it. If you can't control at 6 , how about 16? Grow up
    Anonymous

• OP- it's not my child, it's my cousin that I babysit.
    Anonymous

• If it's your cousin, then there's not much you can do. A substitute caregiver just can't make up for a lack of home training! Talk to the mom, but odds are, it won't do much.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• The only thing you can do is try to get to the bottom of her lies? There has to be a reason that she always feels the need to lie. Perhaps she is having problems, or maybe she is acting out for attention. I say talk to her, make sure she trusts you.. trusting you will probably help with lieing.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• 6 year olds lie. It happens. Stop using words like "NEVER" and grow some patience.
    Anonymous