how could she do this? no gifts for my kids this year

my friend that i "broke" up with recently is the head of public services of which the wish list falls under. i put my app in on time and the lady ill talk to said we were approved for gifts for the kids and that she will send out a letter lettin me know when and where to get kids gifts..the letter never came and when i called to see what happened found out that pick up was last week and they didnt send out letter cause the so called friend told them i moved and discarded my app. its one thing to be mad at me for breaking off the friendship but going after my kids was low. and when i broke it off with her i called and said it would be best if we didnt associate anymore due to her boyfriend, the guy who raped me 7 years ago. she wanted me to get over her bringing him around, that was it i didnt care who she dated i just didnt want this guy around me or my kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with anon. I'd report her to her superior. You can dwell on this or you can love your children and share time with them doing really cool things. Xmas is too material for me. Build a memory with them. Bake cookies. Tell stories. Read the Christmas Story to them. Watch a movie and make popcorn and hot chocolate. Make gifts for each other. You did the right thing. She was wrong and karma will get her (if her supervisor doesn't). Don't let her control your life by keeping you upset. She has HIM. Feel sorry for her and her ignorance. She's a grinch. I baked cookies and pumpkin bread for folks for xmas this year and my grandkids didn't have a problem with it. They are leaving town for the holidays so we had xmas yesterday. We had fun. You and your kids can too

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Find news friends & get off your butt & buy gifts for your kids yourself.
    Anonymous

• It was a bad thing to do. It isn't all her responsibility your kids don't have presents. They are your kids and you can't count on programs providing things for your children.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• op here
    ok i guess i shouldnt of paid rent this month then, or maybe we could of went with out heat...so thats your answer? i guess you never been laid off in a town with no jobs huh?
    Anonymous

• How awful of her. A lot of parents are needing help giving their kids Christmas presents this year - you have nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm sorry she's put you into this position. A good person wouldn't do that to an innocent child. You are better off without her toxicity in your life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• ha! :05- ur lame!

op- sorry that happened- thats super friggin immature. can you report her for doing that? she wants to play nasty, you can play nasty too.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 5:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• THAT AS VERY "SHITT_" OF HER. IN REALITY THOUGH, THAT ISN'T A FREIND @ ALL. WHEN THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN. THE PERSON SEEMS TO NEED U B4 U NEED THEM THOUGH. DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, BUT IF SHE'S ACTING LIKE THAT OVER A GUY, WHAT ALL ELSE WOULD SHE DO?
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Report what happen to her boss.
    Anonymous

• The more I think of this the angier I get. What a grinch. Watch the Grinch movie with your kids and tell them that the Grinch stole their xmas!
    Anonymous

• What a bitch!! I would report her to her boss.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009