I have acrylic nails and am due in 3 weeks. Do I have to take them off for the delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If it the hospital's rules. Depending on how long they are it would be hard to care for a newborn with them on and germs can get under the nails.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• id take them off... unless you dont mine getting baby poo under them! haha thats something me an my friend used to joke about when we did our nails and were pregnant
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 5:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I always had them uuntil my last baby, I used to get them cut down shorter so I wouldnt scratch the babys delicate skin by accident. But the hospital never tells you to do it.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 6:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• You don't have to. And even if it's hospital policy you can tell them to kiss your ass.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• No you don't have to take them off. I had mind on all the way though out my pregnancies and after I had my son. I always kept my short and you can't scratch your baby with them because they are plastic tips.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Hell, get them filled about a week before, but perhaps it would be easier caring for your LO if they were on the shorter side. You can't really scratch a child with acrylic nails, but you can definitely poke them. Just be careful.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2009