It never fails... they all have done it but I don't understand why if they are talking to me. Can you explain this?

Throughout my life, I was always compared to my sis... how much prettier she is and blah, blah, blah. I love my sis so much and now that I am older, it doesn't bother me that much but everytime I am talking to a guy, they always tell me that they had a crush on my sister and that all these people they know do too. I am sitting here thinking "why in the hell are they telling me this and why are they talking and flirting with me?" I just say "I know, everyone says that." It makes me feel so awkward. My sister is beautiful and married. I just don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I think some men are stupid and just don't think. My sister was the pretty one. I was the smart one but I was funny so I guess it balanced out! I used to get tired of hearing about how great she looked when she was in beauty contests. I would tell them but yeah she almost failed high school and I was in the National Honor Society. Funny, how they didn't care. They just thought she was hot. You are in control of your life so either tell them they are rude and move on or laugh at their ignorance and use them for hot taudry pleasures!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Look for a bf who doesn't know your sister, branch out , find new friends.
    Anonymous

• I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone here so it's kinda hard to branch out.
    Anonymous

• i would say ahh too bad she is married then quickly change the subject, as too why they do that i dont know, im always compared to my cousin, who is the same age as me....i dont even acknowledge that they say anything about her i just change the subject, and they soon figure out that i dont want to hear it
    Anonymous

• MY BEST FRIEND SAID GUYS DO THAT TO HER ABOUT ME. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD TILL MY SON FATHER TOLD ME THAT TOWARD HER{WHEN WE FIRST MET}. IT'S A VERY UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING!
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• you need to move to a new town... seriously.. lol, if everyone in that town compares you to her,, i could never date a guy that had a crush on my sis,
    Anonymous

• meet guys from cities away so they can drive to see you and then you can marry one and move far far away... thats what i did. got me a military man..
    Anonymous

• that happened to me alot with my sis. you don't need a guy who has a crush on your sis. i agree try meeting a guy who doesn't know who she is.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009