Holiday decorating disasters?

Friday I spent hours putting up the 7 foot artificial tree, 3 kinds of lights, and non-breakable ornaments. Last 2 of our cats were kittens and they climbed the tree and we couldn't use it. I didn't think there would be problems this year. We have 3 cats and 2 foster kittens. The kittens are dwarf and don't climb well.

About an hour after I was done the "good" cat that never does anything wrong started climbing it. I took her out. She kept doing it. Now half the branches are on the floor.

I got some good pictures of her being a very bad kitty.

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 5:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• At least you put the tree up. It sounds like you're starting to get out of your slump a little bit! Did everything else work itself out? Were you able to get the gifts you needed? I remember seeing your other posts and hope things are going well!

A good way to keep the cats out of the tree is to take their scratching post and put it next to the tree. Make sure they dont eat the plastic green stuff on the tree my cat got so sick from eating it last year she had to go to the animal hospital for three days!
    Anonymous

• Spray bottle spray bottle oh how I love thee for bad kitties.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Anonymous