How do you make a good childhood without alot of money and trips?

Simple pleasures can add up,little things can be big depending on what you do.Like making cookies mine wants that and I always say another day or going to the library as a weekly event.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You don't need money and trips to make a child happy. Quality time is what is needed. :)
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• no money needed, love is what is needed, sound like you have lots of it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Money is really not it at all. Bake cookies, do crafts, read together, draw together, color together, play in the park, teach them a sport, take a walk and play word games while doing it anything can be turned into a fun activity that they will remember. My best memories growing up weren't trips and such. I remember my dad and I getting the cheap sonic burgers and malts and going to watch softball games in the park, or with my mom when she taught me how to make homemade gravy and test it straight of of the pan. Thats what childhood is made of, trips are treats but not that important.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Spending time together. Doing crafts, talking long walks. Making stories together. Baking. Cooking together. Watching movies or TV together. Just being apart of your child's life. Money only suppliments what the imagination can't create. It has nothing to do with how enriched a child's life is, or how fulfilled a family can be. How emotionally and mentally rich a family is, is dependent on the family not their income.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Free days at museums. A bus ride around the city. A walk in the park.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We have a zoo membership where the membership itself was very cheap. It was $40 for our entire family. So we go just about each weekend when it is nice and pack our lunch. There are several free children's garden/trails in our area and we go to them when it is nice out. Parks and playgrounds of course. We also have a free science museum we visit. We read a lot since I don't do television. Dance around in our kitchen to the radio. He loves that. Drawing on scrap paper from bags and other things. We cook and bake. Pillow fights (that is a new one for us). We also like to sing and make up songs and stories. We rode the bus the entire route and it cost us just a few bucks. Brought a lunch and just rode. He loved it! Our local mall has an indoor play area that is free. So we go there and to the library. So many things and some are cheap and some are free.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Quality time. Hugs. Kisses. Movie Nights. Family Game night. Reading together. Eating dinner together at THE TABLE & TALKING. Find Free things to do around town (they are there u just have to look -- Childrens Museum in houston every thurs. is free for families). Making something together- cooking, puzzles, crafts, ect..

The most important thing is TIME! and to genuinely be "present" when spending time with your child.. So many time a child is telling an exciting story & a parent will "mhhmm" "Yeah" "Ohh" while watching TV --- Kids are not dumb! It makes them feel unimportant ..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We bought a zoo membership. It was $50. It also allows you to visit neighboring zoos for free or discounted rate. Save coke points & redeem for movie passes. Play a board game. We took many trips to the lake this last summer (even though we have a pool). The kids loved to play in the sand. Bike rides. Baking. Do a craft project together.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I think most parents just like for their kids to be engaged in activities and to be loved and cared for. I personally don't care if they get trip although trips are nice:) LOL BUT rather them be safe and well cared for.
    Anonymous

• Love, being grateful for everything you have & lots of snuggles & time spent together with your children should do the trick.

You don't have to go to disney all the time for someone to say their childhood was wonderful. They could say the same if a parent took them to the backyard & played hide & go seek for hours instead.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009