""Is it normal for a 12-yr-old boy to watch porn? Or is it too early?"" Many of you answered it is not ok for him to watch porn at 12 OR ANY OTHER AGE. Do you honestly believe that watching porn is that bad?

Most men do it, why wouldn't it be ok? It's just movies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• For my life & my marriage yes i find it wrong. it goes against my beliefs but I could careless what other families do
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Hi, I answered the question with I think 40 is too young, I was kind of kidding, but many of these producers brutalize and or take advantage of young women to make these movies,,,I am not talking the soft core, playboy version, but there are many movies that are hard core etc,,,, it was just my opinion, I think an adult should be able to do whatever they want to do, but MY and my DH opinion is that hard core movies exploit women and put the idea that it is okay to treat them as objects, I really was wondering if the question meant should he be curious or should the Mom allow him to, if that was the case my answer was totally 100% no!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Some people believe you should never watch porn at any age because A: it is degrading to the people in the film and B: it is a unreal portrayal of sex. I would say it isn't ok at 12 but if to you it is you need to make sure he understands that it is unrealistic and that expecting those behaviors in later sexual relationships in their life in not ok and dumb. Anything can be bad for you or your kids but if you can make it into a learning experience that they will understand it can turn positive. Also if it is hardcore he shouldn't watch it, maybe soft porn. Just make sure you are aware and well researched if you do allow it. Also you can also call a psychologist and ask them what they think usually free of charge. Hope this helps.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have no problem watching porn and neither does my fiance. I suspect that my son might be wanting to do that around the age of 12 but I'm not too sure if I want to realize that my little boy is having "manly urges". I have 3 brothers and most of my friends are men so I know that most all men look at porn and the ones that don't sneak to watch it because their spouse doesn't want them to. My sister in law swears up and down that my BIL has no interest in women and thinks that porn is trashy, but a few months back my BIL gave us all his porn so that my SIL wouldn't catch him...lol. Oh yea, all men look at porn and I expect that my son will to in time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just hope to not catch him wackin off...lmao!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have a 12 yr old boy, and I am not opposed to porn.... BUT TAHT IS WAYYYYY TOOOOO YOUNG!!!!

My son would be in sooooo much trouble. His father would have a HUGE sit down with him.

Yes it is horrible for a child that young to be watching porn.
    Anonymous

• btw... where is he watching it?? How is he getting it??
    Anonymous

• No, 12 is too young. I have a 13 yr old son and I want him to respect his body, as should others. I want him to learn that sex is a beautiful thing and the imagination can be sexy as well. I can't control what he does after he's 18, but for now I want him to be the kid that he is.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• depends on what kind of porn there's "soft porn" witch only shows boobs then there's the whole shabang that shows it all then there's hardcore: screaming, yelling, spanking & slapping .. no i don't think its early i think 11 is! but i would recommended soft for the first timer!
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i dont think the op was asking IF YOU THINK ITS OK IF YOUR TWELVE.....i think she asking if it is ok ever...

i personally dont watch it, but i dont have a problem with anyone that does either, that is their choice so who am i to judge?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't support any of my children watching porn especially at such a young age, my DH and I have watched porn and have no problem with it. If I found my child had porn at a young age I would probably take it and then talk to them about it. If they where like 16 or 17 I would just ignore it then.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 6:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009