6 week old hasn't kept anything down since 1am

1am she power puked the first time and its now 330pm and shes vomited everything . she is ebf.

she had a cold last night- runny stuffy nose and mouth and now the only other symptom is vomiting. she has no fever- i did not eat anything weird. shes vomiting about every other feeding (copious amounts of BM)

is it my milk? the flu? if i take her somewhere can they do anything?

my concern is the vomiting, she has had three wet diapers (i think) and a couple movements. so something is getting through her?

i have so many dirty outfits and blankets shes running out of things to wear!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she's fine, thanks. two hours at urgent care- shes not dehydrated. if vomiting continues she will go back tomorrow
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Call your doc ASAP
    Anonymous

• take her to the doctor immediately. Vomit like that is always a very bad sign, and they have to eat. It is not normal for a baby that young to power puke spit up is one thing puke is another. Take her in.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Just keep an eye on her diapers.. you said she's had wet diapers, so that's a good sign. My doctor once explained to me that when babies puke, they only spit up something like a teaspoon (or tablespoon, don't remember) of what they've eaten.. the rest is made up of mucus/saliva. Just keep feeding her as often as you normally do, and make sure she's having normal wet diapers. If you're still concerned though, take her to the doc.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 6:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• the vomit is in large amounts- more than i can imagine was in my boob for two feedings.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Take her to urgent care asap, she is too little to not be hydrated, good luck momma~!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• take her to the er,better safe then sorry, sounds like an ear infection kind of
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Go to doctor; I was always told projectile vomit was bad. Also I would be worried about dehydration.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Keep an eye on her diapers. 6-8 or more in a 24hr period means she's getting enough. Have you eaten citrus around the time this started? On of my girlfriends learned that she couldn't have oj because it makes her baby throw up and really fussy. Or maybe dairy? The same friend just found out that her baby doesn't tolerate dairy so she had to cut it out of her diet.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 1:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009