Eggplant question!

I want to make a lesser fat version of eggplant parmesean, do you know if I can bake it with egg and bread crumbs etc,,, kind of like oprah's fake fried chicken recipie> I make a great version, was just wondering if I could or if you have done it, it would save almost 300 calories per serving, but don't want to invest the time and money if it is going to be awful--LOL

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 6:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I dip mine in egg white, then bread crumbs, then I put a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet lined with foil. I spray the baking rack with cooking spray, then put the egg plan on spray the tops, turn them over and spray the other side. Then bake at 350 until crispy. They taste great, not greasy.....and lots less fat and calories!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• YES. I always bake mine. But you still have to use a little olive oil
    Anonymous

• I have done that before! I also layered it with a low fat ricotta cheese to use less mozzarella. It was really good!
    Anonymous

• yes, and I have also grilled it with pesto.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009