what do contrations feel like??

i just wanna know cuz my due date is in like 10 weeks
and this is my first baby

shayle93

Asked by shayle93 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 38 weeks and I've been getting Braxton Hicks (practice contractions) for like 2 weeks now. They are very low dull menstral cramps that last give or take a minute. They come and go at all different times and theres no pattern. I get them while out eating, while I am home etc. Sometimes they're worse than others, where I have that feeling I have to go to the bathroom but you really don't. I didn't even know they were contractions until my Dr told me that was what it was after I described what I was feeling! The difference between these and true labor is the "real" contractions hit harder, and there's a pattern (15 mins apart, then 10, then 5 etc). Hope this helps. This is my first child too so its all new to me as well. I am just taking it day by day!.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It feels like really bad menstrual cramps, and also a lot of pressure inside that sorta feels like getting kicked in the crotch.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• starts out like that feeling when u have to poopoo. and then in starts feeling like a mixture of that and unbearable period pain.
    cutibuni22

Answer by cutibuni22 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i have to agree with cutibuni22 i kept thinking i have to go to the bathroom that wasnt it at all lol
    Anonymous

• Mine werent to bad. I thought I had to use the bathroom. I wasnt going to go to the hospital but my husband finally talked me in to going. My water broke as I arrived at the hospital.
    Anonymous

• Like I was going to poop my pants! And I did end up pooping the table!
    Anonymous

• really bad mestrual cramps right on top of each other and alot of pressure inside.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2009