U-Scan's --- BE HONEST!

Okay, I'm curious...
The U-Scan stations in Wal-Mart, Kroger, Meijer and anywhere else that has them... sometimes they seem un-manned. How many of us have slipped something in the bag without scanning it? Or had a double of something and just scanned one of it?

Be Honest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry....never for me. Though shalt not steal. I'd much rather work the coupons to save some money and go through the lane where the checkout lady has to double them manually.
    Anonymous

• Not me. I don't think my eternal soul is worth a few pennies at a check-out in Wal-Mart.
    Anonymous

• OP here - I'm curious because I was a manager at Wal-Mart for several years. We ended up shutting down the scans because of this very reason.
    Anonymous

• I'm not surprised. People are nothing if not dishonest. They see the little things they take as Wal-Mart's fault. Anyway, its a big evil company. It deserves to be stolen from. These theives don't stop to think that Wal-Mart passes its losses on to the rest of us by raising prices. Nothing is free. These stupid people have to pay for their own theft when they actually buy something. I bet they are the first to complain when prices go up. Or better yet, these are the Wal-Mart bashers out there.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Never!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• At wal-mart there is a scale under the bagging stand that will detect if you bag something that hasn't been scanned. The one's here seem pretty sensitive and it will prevent you from finishing your sale. I never tried it but I have seen it happen.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I've never used one of those.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 7:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 by: teamquinn
    At wal-mart there is a scale under the bagging stand that will detect if you bag something that hasn't been scanned. The one's here seem pretty sensitive and it will prevent you from finishing your sale. I never tried it but I have seen it happen.

That is true, but there are things that don't weigh much that you can mask... cd's & dvd's under clothes, prescriptions, photos, lots of things. Believe me!
    Anonymous

• Never tried. I think it stinks that they are shut down. I hate waiting in long ass lines just to buy a gallon of milk. The 10 items only lines are never better either. Too many times people will be in those "express" lines with full shopping carts and have their load divided. Sheesh!
    Anonymous

• Heck no.
    I HATE those things anyway so I rarely use them.
    Anonymous