What type of experience have you had at your local Kay Jewelers?

we have been otherwise disgusted

thanks in advance
J
http://www.recipecarousel.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ive had great experience. that where we got my engagment ring
    cutibuni22

Answer by cutibuni22 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I've never had a bad one at Kays and I don't shop anywhere else for jewelery.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My daughter used to work for Kay's. She was wonderful and made alot of sales, that is until one of her coworkers felt that she was outselling her,and complained to the manager( a friend of hers). Then she was treated like dirt. I always insisted on giving my daughter my business, and when she told me how she was being treated, I close my Kay's account and have not set foot in that store since.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I liked them right up until as I was perusing the mall one day I picked up the ads for several other jewelry stores. Only to find that all four stores had the same things at different prices. After that I have never gone back in because its all generic. My new engagement ring that my DH bought me about four years ago to replace my old one, we got at Jared's which is also a chain, I know. But I was a lot more involved in the setting and picking out the stone. I now have a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring in a very graceful setting. It didn't cost an arm and a leg and they had a great warranty and care program.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• As far as customer service I think they are great. I mean they should be because they get commission if they sell to you. But when it comes to getting a unique design you should certainly look elsewhere or have an experienced salesperson work with you on a custom design. Only the ones who have been there for yeeeaaars know how to do this and will be happy to work with you on it. I love their platinum designs and appraised Leo diamonds.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have had mixed experiences with Kay. IMHO their designs are unoriginal and overpriced, but I haven't had many bad experiences with their sales staff.
    Anonymous

• I had a really great experience with them. My husband got my bridal set there and we also got his wedding band there.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I love them. We got an awesome deal on my UPGRADED wedding ring. We'll go back when my hubby is ready for one with bigger diamonds as well.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2009