How do I relieve constipation? I have done the fiber, excercise, fruit, water, fruit juice things and none of them are working. Any Ideas?

Asked by cainjes at 11:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• try stool softeners it might take a day or so for it to work but it does work.

Answer by workenmom at 11:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• How long have you been constipated for? The longer it's been the harder it will be for you to go. I suggest trying stool softeners. If in a few days you still don't go you may want to try an enema. If you STILL don't go then go to the doctor.

Answer by amethystrse at 11:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Sometimes it helps to go on a detox. Here's an article that tells you how to do it easily and simply without having to eat weird things for days on end -lol. .

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I know it's recommended to stay away from caffine while your preggers, but the best recommendation I have is to eat a hershey's bar and get a cup of coffee strong coffee in you. Doing this shouldnt harm the baby to much.(plus you'll get a nice boost to take couple walks around the block!!)

Answer by pregopenny at 1:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you can, take laxatives or however they're spelt.

Answer by Ashtons-Mommy at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Stop taking your prenatal vitamins for a couple of days... and if you're on an extra iron supplement, stop taking those too. The extra iron in your body could stop you up. Steer clear of bananas, rice, etc... and eat something greasy to get your bowels moving. Good luck!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i would try prune juice

Answer by koolmom343 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• it's been almost a week. I called the dr. and she said milk of magnesia, but I'm so sensitive to stimulant that I'm afraid to try it!

Answer by cainjes at 10:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008