Do you believe a child could be seeing something that an adult can't?

My son is 15 months old. Whenever we are in the kitchen he points on the wall, waves and smiles. He's been doing that for 3 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh yeah. My SIL said that my nieces used to just laugh and giggle while looking at something, and she never saw anything! I think it's just friends or family that have passed coming to see our little ones! =)
    Anonymous

• Yes I completely believe they see thigns that we cant see for whatever reason. My son has done the same thing many times, mostly though like 7 out of say 10 times he's responded to something that was not there (visibile by my eyes) he has done so in my room. I have always felt another presence in my room, and my uncle who lived in that room before I did many years ago swears that it is haunted, but I felt a friendly vibe, I guess his was not friendly.

My son however has smiled, and put his arms out to someone/thing that I never saw. Its kinda eerie, but if he sees ghosts at least they are nice, and they seem to be harmless, and he seemsw to like them I guess.
    Then again maybe we're just making it something when they're just smiling or waving at thier invisible friend..lol ....idk

my son is almost 23 months and has been doing this since he was about 1yr old
    Anonymous

• No. There are no such things as ghosts or our dead loved ones floating about. Kids are imaginative by nature and will play with air and turn it into a castle, in their minds.
    Anonymous

• when my daughter was very young . a couple of months old she would responde to something up in the ceiling and move her head back and forth and smile. i think she does see something. my grandfather passed in this area and is buried not that far away. i believe he comes to visit the baby. and also my dog passed in the house. i do believe in spirits and children are more innocent and open minded. they do see more then adults. that is what i believe.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I believe they can see things/people we cannot. I think it's pretty cool! I wish I still could too!
    Anonymous

• Totally. When my twins were babies they BOTH used to respond to something on the exact same spot on the ceiling. It was in my bedroom and whenever they were in there, either together or seperately, they'd laugh and giggle pointing on that exact same spot. They did that until when they started talking I think..
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 8:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I believe they can mainly because I did and if I concentrate I still can. It's not unusual for them to see spirit guides, angels, and relatives that have crossed.
    Anonymous

• Yup. I believe.
    My "imaginary friend" growing up seemed to have alot in common with my grandpa that passed away when my dad was 12...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• When I was babysitting my 3yr old little sister, I was upstairs using the bathroom and she came up and said something about, "The man downstairs". I thought someone had broke in because we were home alone! I said, "What man? What does he look like?" And she gave me a funny look and said, "He's big and black". I scooped her up and ran down the stairs and out the front door. I didnt see anyone on my way out.. I went to the neighbors, told him about it, he went in and said there was no one there O__O

My 4 month old is always smiling and laughing at something I cant see. He did it alot last month, not really lately. Things like that freak me out so I tend to ignore them.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2009