How much is bleeding is too much pp question sorry way way tmi

I had a c sec on the 10th and pretty much stopper bleeding yesterday than all of a sudden in about 2 seconds i soaked a pad and it was so bad it was dripping down my leg so I went and sat on the toilet and kept dripping for about another minute im really freaked out is this normal this is my third c sec and have never had this happen before should I be worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bleeding can increase with activity, I am not sure if you did too much before the bleeding began or not so I just thought I would throw that in. But, the rule of thumb is, if you are bleeding through a pad an hour to call your OB or go to L&D. Heavy bleeding should always be checked out. There are a number of things that could cause this amount of bleeding. The uterus is very vascular and a woman can bleed out in a short period of time. You can also massage your uterus and if it is boggy after a massage it should get firm again. I hope they showed you how to do that in the hospital. GL to ya mom and Congrats on the new addition..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2009