Too soon for tummy to pooch?

I'm pregnant with my second child. The estimate is that I'm around 6 weeks (Doctors appt in a couple weeks) my tummy is already starting to bulge! I haven't gained any weight.. I've actually lost some! Everyone I talk to says you do show faster wth your second. Was this true for you?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 8:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will do that faster with a subsequent pregnancy because your body "remembers" what its supposed to do. The muscles, bones, tendons, etc have less resistance to it, that they did the first time around.

And yes, it was like that for me too. The upside was that my hip bones didn't ache for hours like they did the first trimester I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It is probably just bloat. I was very bloated with my first DD for the first several weeks!
    Anonymous

• you do show faster with each pregnancy. i know with my last pregnancy i was showing right away, that was one of the reasons why i knew i was pregnant before testing. it doesnt always happen with every person but it does happen.
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 9:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• yes im 9 weeks with my 3rd child and i started showing from the day i found out my belly is even hard as a rock a the top already lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It's definally true. This is my third baby (im 11 weeks now) and I shown with my second by 5 weeks.. and with this pregnacy I showed at 6. It's your body.. It just realizes your pregnant again.. and know's what to do :)
    ramzmomma

Answer by ramzmomma at 10:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Yup, I am 9 weeks and I feel like i am pooching out a bit. It could be gas or other things but I am definatly not comfortable in my regular jeans. This is my second.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 3:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2009