PP fertility question

I'm almost 3 weeks PP and my husband and I had sex last night. What are the chances I could of got pregnant? Obviously I know sex=babies but is it true u are super fertile after having a baby?

MrsMorrowAJMmom

Asked by MrsMorrowAJMmom at 9:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup. This is the best and most important time for you to use protection. If you are breastfeeding I believe the chances are limited but still possible.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Most women who don't breastfeed get their first period sometime between 6 and 8 weeks post-partum, some earlier, some later. You ovulate approximately 2 weeks before you get your period, and are most fertile in the 2-3 days prior to that. I got my first post-partum period at 5 weeks with both of mine (one of them breastfed, even), which means it would have been very likely that I could have gotten pregnant at 3 weeks.

Since you don't know when you're going to get your period, there's no telling when you're fertile. So you have about as much chance of getting pregnant now as you do at any time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I didnt use any sort of protection after DD was born and we started having sex at 10 days PP. I found out I was pregnant on my DDs 1st bday. But I exclusively breast fed which makes it less likely for pregnancy occur.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Sweetphoenix is wrong. No, you are not superfertile after you have a baby. Especially if you are breastfeeding.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies for all the help :) I'm glad I came here instead other the other site I use u ladies are so friendly and helpful. Some of u mentioned breastfeeding, well I'm formula feeding due to my sons milk allergy.
    MrsMorrowAJMmom

Answer by MrsMorrowAJMmom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It depends..and yes you are more fertile right after you have ur baby. My SO got his ex wife pregnant 2 1/2 weeks after their eldest was born. the doc said they wouldnt be able to get pregnant for 8 weeks PP..that was a lie hah and BAM 9 months later my step son was born haha
    Anonymous

• Anon :58, that is anecdotal evidence, and therefore not valid. That is a fluke and not the usual.

Also, OP, most babies who have a "milk allergy" are just sensitive to dairy. Did you try eliminating dairy from your diet? I would bet dollars to doughnuts that would have fixed the problem. It takes 2 weeks for dairy proteins to leave your system.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2009