Could I be Pregnant!

I have the IUD Paraguard for almost 2 yrs now and today my husband and I had sex 3 days after my period but we didnt use a condom and he came inside me we have always used a condom even with my IUD but today I don't know what happened? Could I be Pregnant? I'm really scared because my daughter is just 2 yrs. my husband and I didn't plan on having another until 3 yrs from now. please help!

silver_04

Asked by silver_04 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every time you have sex, you risk getting pregnant (even with birth control). So, yes there is a possibility that you are pregnant however, the chances of you being pregnant are very slim.

Anonymous

• With an IUD, if you do get pregnant there's a strong chance that it will be a tubal anyway. We've never used a condom since I had Mirena and haven't gotten pregnant yet (1 yr) Don't stress about it yet :-)
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Here are some suggestions on how you can know for sure....1) take a hpt or 2) go to a doctor or 3) all of the above. These are the best ways to know for sure.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Are you late???

If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. IUD's are pretty effective, so it's likely that you are NOT pregnant. However if you are late, then follow cappy1979's advice. Everyone I know with an IUD (Mirena or Paraguard) have had theirs for over 1 year and haven't gotten pg yet even without any other birth control. So don't stress yet.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2009