When do you ovulate if you have irregular periods?

My cycle is always 29-35 days long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The best way to find out is start to chart your temps every day and then chart them. Before I got pregnant my longest cycle was 34 days and I usually ovulated around the 19th day. Use www.mymonthlycycles.com its free and it will help you with your cycles. Good luck
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• You should ovulate 11-16 days before your period. With irregular periods, the only way to know for sure is to chart, especially basal body temperature and cervical mucus. (Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and www.fertilityfriend.com are both great resources to get you started.) OPKs can also help, but they're not as reliable is charting. My cycles have ranged from 24-79 days, but I've managed to have two babies with no medical help thanks to charting. And even though I'm done having kids, I still chart as a way to predict my period.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would buy ovulation pred. tests.. they are the BEST!! They test your LH surge and will tell you when you are about to, and when you are ovulating.. or you can buy a fertility monitor (which is what i did and i love it!)
    Good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• No flipping idea! Mine always span 2-3 months apart and most of the time it's a surprise when AF comes. Wish it was more predictable! But right now it's been a while and got a blood test yesterday. Can't wait for the results!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 9:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• You chart. Your temp goes up just after you ovulate. You can also use ovulation predictor kits, those tell you you're about to ovulate.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2009