I dont get it Christians please help me I am watching this 9-11 show on the history channel

People are hanging out the buildings, the 911 operators are telling people not to evacuate. Why did God let this happen? Why didn't God intervene at least w/the operators and tell them to get out of there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do people blame God but then ask him for help other times? How about placing the blame where it belongs?
    Anonymous

• why did CM delete my answer?
    Anonymous

• things HAVE to happen. without bad there would be no such thing as good.. without sadness there would be no happiness. ect...
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I don't know what I said wrong. There were Christians in those buildings praying in the nam of God. Now tell me what part of that response is wrong CM?
    Anonymous

• IMO, I don't think anything was wrong with your response. Someone else probably did and reported it.
    Anonymous

• maybebaby83, crashing the planes wasn't enough bad? There wasn't enough sadness there? It just doesn't make sense.

I have an entire list of unanswered questions for God. I wonder if I will get a change when I die, or if when I die I will just figure it out.
    Anonymous

• get a ^chance^ not change
    Anonymous

The least CM could have done was sent me a pm telling me why and I reposted what I said it hasn't been deleted.
    Anonymous

• Op- I understand how hard it is when we don't see God intervening in situations, especially as horrific as this. And I don't know if my answer will help or only make you feel worse. The reality is that God sees plans and futures that we do not. We have no idea what the repercussions of Him preventing this attack would have been. We have no idea how He is orchestrating history or for what purpose. We see only our limited time on earth, He sees all of eternity. None of this makes it hurt less. But I suspect even if we did know the whys it would still break our hearts and we would still want Him to do things another way. So as frustrating as it is we who believe in God and believe He is a good and just God, must continue to trust what we believe.  It doesn't make it feel better but it is the truth and it is where faith must be our strength.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree with the first anon, and teamquinn. We can't blame God for the evil things that people do.

I surrender my life to God. "Though He slay me, yet I will praise Him."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2009