Will her curls stay?

I am so in love with my 12 month old's hair! It is wavy on top and curly in the back and on the sides. I seriously could stare at it all day lol. Anyway she has a different dad than my oldest, and my oldest's hair is straight as can be. My hair is straight now as an adult but when I was a little girl it had some curls/wave to it. The father of my 2nd has extremely curly hair and it runs in his family. So will those beautiful curls stay and get curlier as her hair grows or should I just enjoy them now while they last??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on who's gene was more dominant. If her father's hair gene was more dominant then it will remain curly throughout her life, but if not it might turn out more like yours. It could also go in between the two by taking bits of both genes. It really depends on how much of the genes she got. I hope for your love of her hair it stays curly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Me and hubby have wavy hair and when our son was born he had straight hair but around 8 months he was looking like he had a fro. Even after a ton of hair cuts it still came back curly until he was about 3. It is wavy now but not curly like a fro anymore so its hard to say. Enjoy them now just in case. I always had to put frizz control on my sons hair and I dared not brush it when it was dry!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It's difficult to tell.
    My oldest daughter had curly hair as a child until she was 3 years old. Her bio father had curly hair and my hair was naturally curly as a young child. Unfortunately, the curls straightened out after she was 3 and is now straight. :(
    I hope your daughter's curls stay. I love curly tops, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2009