I'm bored. Tell me about your house.

Also, what do you like about it? What do you dislike?

My house: 1270 sq. ft + basement. 3bed/2bath. sits on a little less than an acre.

What I like: hardwood floors throughout. I HATE carpeted floors - even though I have a few rugs.

What I dislike: The fact that the laundry room is off of the hall bathroom. It gets REALLY hot in there when you're running the dryer. Lame. I also dislike the placement of the front and back doors. I'd move them if i could.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmm good question anon...even i was wondering too.

anyway, we are remodeling. we took hubby's grandma's and grandpa's old farmhouse that was about to fall down cause it was so rotted and spend so much money replacing the rotted stuff, even took the whole upstairs and had to rebuild that.

i love that i get to pretty much design it how i want it, i made a "used to be" bedroom downstairs a huge bathroom. i love that we will be adding on to it even more. i love the fact that we can have more children if we want to.

i hate the that its about 50 feet from the inlaws ...MIL, BIL and SIL. i hate the thought they might want to come over to visit. i hate that its taking FOREVER to get this remodeling done!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It will be done in about 2 months!! AHHH so excited LOL 3 bedrooms 11/2 baths! I cant wait to move in!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Our house is a bilevel, 2600 sq ft, 4 bedroom/3bathroom. We built so I like just about everything. I love our white doors and the paint we choose for our walls. I love that it is on a lake. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our neighbors, they are so much fun and friendly!
    I dislike the lot! It's too big and it takes me forever to shovel. Our bedroom is a good size, but the guest bedroom is really disappointing-not even sure how it qualifys as a bedroom. They should've advertised this house as 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms and one office.
    Anonymous

• That's confusing, anon. You said "we built", but then you said "they should've advertised this house....." Why was someone advertising if you built it?
    Anonymous

• I was excited too Hannah about 2 months ago when our house was in the stage yours is in. It is a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath too. However it looks like we lost it now because Citibank filed a report against us on our credit reports (even after I called them and paid is on time and not late every month). They dropped my husbands credit score and I am sure now that we lost the loan on the house we have been working to own for years. Merry F***in Christmas to us.
    Anonymous

• I'm 22 and hubby is 25. We bought our first house this year. Its a tiny 924 sq. foot 2 bedroom that needed a TON of work. We paid 22thousand for it. Its on 1 acer of land that is mostly sloped. It origonally had 1 1/2 bath but recently hubby moved a hall closet in order to make the front bath a full bath.

I love the hardwood floors that my husband installed himself and I love everything about it. It was a MESS when we bought it (holes in the walls, origionally 1900's flooring, hot water heater in the middle of the kitchen, washer hook up in the kicthen, dryer hookup in a bedroom, just a ton of weird shit).

I hate that our son's room isn't closer to ours, and I hate the way my kitchen is set up. I think the stove, cabinets and all that need to be rearnged.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• We bought our first house 3 years ago and we love it!
    It's 2100 sq ft, 4 BR, 3 full baths, 2 floors, double car garage, and 1.5 acres of land.
    We love the space, the sizes of the rooms, the remodeling potential, all the trees, the quiet neighborhood, and the extra room that was the previous owner's den but we use it as our office space.
    What I don't like is that the garage is attached, the closets are small, the interior doors and wood trim are of that dark brown wood, the bathrooms contain items (tub, sinks, cabinets) from the 70's, and the yard doesn't drain the rainwater very well - it turns into a swampland as it slowly absorbs.
    We love it here, though, because everything is fixable and remodelable so we will have fun as we go along through the years as owners.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2009