I need help from some bakers. Really dumb question, but I'm clueless...

So I baked a few batches of cookies and to my surprise they are not bad:) I want to take them to Christmas dinner at my in laws. Will they be good until then? How should I store them to keep them fresh. I know this is a dumb ? but like I said I'm clueless. Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, and check them the day before. If they do dry out a big throw a piece of bread in with them. They should steal the moisture from the bread and be back to "yummy" the next day.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Store them in ziploc storage bags or an airtight container(tupperware) Check them the morning of the dinner and if they seem stale you know not to take them, otherwise they should be fine.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I'd go for ziploc storage bags in the fridge or freezer. They're never as good as they were fresh, but they're still going to be better than things that came off the store shelves.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I agree, seal them up tight and freeze them!
    Anonymous

• I've heard too about the bread slice in with them to keep them fresh.

But being you are not going til Christmas day, the bread slice will not help if you store them in freezer bags and IN the freezer to keep fresh!

I agree about freezing them too, just thaw them out the day before WITH the slice of bread or two or three! AND taste test one and you should be fine. Just don't serve them frozen! LOL

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• make sure you pair like recipes together because mixing dry/moist cookies together over time will cause the dry cookies to crumble from th moisture in the softer cookies.
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 1:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2009