Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Okay more divorce questions. My soon to be ex husband has agreed to giving me sole coustody. Now, what EXACTLY does this mean? Will he have to pay me child support? He wants visitations and i am willing to give him them.
How can I get this started? What do I need to do? Annd can I date durring this time?

Answer Question

Asked by FcknReady2Party at 11:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • it means that you have all the custody of your child. it means that you will have complete responsibility of your child. if he wants visitations then the courts can set that up or you can settle out of court. yes you can date all you want. if you want him to pay child support then you have to take him to court. in some states if you get government assistance such as food stamps,wic,tanf, or anything else they will make him pay child support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

  • you can date, but it is best not to have the child around the paramour- this can tip the custodial scale in his direction. even if he says he is willing not to fight for custody.
    yes, he will be paying child support- that is standard.
    he will be legally entitled to visitation, even if you are unwilling to grant it- it is his right, and it is better easier to work it out between yourselves than to have the courts do it for you.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

  • Hire a lawyer and get it all on paper. Yes he has to pay child support. You can google a child support calculator for your state to find the amount you should get. Dating? It depends on the state. Ask your lawyer.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

  • Hire a lawyer and settle it all privately. DO NOT DATE YET. not because it's immoral and unethical because you're still married... but because some men are jealous and spiteful and he may decide to fight if you change anything in your situation. Yes he needs to pay child support and yes he is entitled to visitation unless it's deemed unsafe for the child.

    Answer by flaggot13 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

  • alot of the time they will list child support and custody in the divorce papers becareful dating because a divorce can turn ugly at anytime and you dont want him to have anything to use against you, im not saying dont date im just saying dont tell people you are dating

    Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.