Wont stop bleeding have PCOS and was put on....

I started bleeding the week prior to halloween and it cont. till the day before thanksgiving when i finally went into the gyno. They did an ultrasound which showed cysts and a possible mass (just had an MRI for the mass still waiting results. The did a bunch of blood work which of course showed me anemiac (sp?) so they put me on provera to stop the bleeding. It worked almost over night but after i finished the 10 pills two days later i was bleeding again and havent stopped. The test results came back with PCOS and they put me on metformin and provera again to stop the bleeding. After a week of the provera i am still bleeding and showing no signs of it stopping. I stopped the provera cause its obviously not working and i dont go back in to teh doctor till tuesday. Has anyone ever had something similiar to this happen ? I just want to know if there is an end to this bleeding i am going to have to take stock in always:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• lol wow just wow. your doctor is an idiot. you don't give provera to STOP a period. provera is to force your body to start bleeding. i have pcos and i'm insulin resistant and on metformin, i had a similar problem. i took the provera was told to start taking my birth control the sunday following the start of my period but then i just kept bleeding. after about a month i called my dr and they told me to refill my birth control and take something like 5 on day 1 4 the next day 3 the next 2 the next and so on and it would stop. ask your doctor about that. and i would also go to a vitamin store and get vitex also called chaste tree or chaste berry. it works like metformin does to stabilize you. OH and the metformin might also be contributing to your bleeding. i take 850mg 3 times a day and i just ended a three week period. it's gonna take a while for you to become regular. sorry you're going through this, i know it sucks. be well!
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• thank you very much for the answer and the kind words. Its wonderful to have other moms and woman i can turn to:)
    Anonymous